- Oversees and participates in project plan design, development, maintenance, and enhancement of the SAN and various storage technology.
- Ensures that performance standards are met and that production support services are consistent with service level agreements.
- Implements strategies to improve current processes and procedures and identifies cost reduction opportunities in order to enhance business operations.
- Ensures that all staff are properly trained, supervised and developed. Interacts with IT associates, third-party vendors and builds relationships across the organization.
- Identifies issues and risks, resolves problems and escalates them as necessary.
- Provides deliverables in a timely and efficient manner.
- Significant technical knowledge of various OS related functionality including, but not limited to Backups, Capacity Planning, Disaster Recovery, and File System Management
- Expertise on IBM Storage technologies SVC(SV1), FS7200, FS900, V7000.
- Expertise on SAN Products, Brocade, Cisco
- Knowledge on Migration hosts to multiple Storage Vendors .
- Able to design, solution and implement as per the client requirements.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with various storage replication software, SAN switches, and storage management software/hardware.
- Flexible with a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to manage staff and administer personnel actions including performance and salary reviews, hiring, corrective action and terminations.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical issues both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated track record of successfully managing large-scale system and project implementations.