Job Description Summary
The Desktop Support Analyst will be responsible for providing PC hardware and software support for our local and remote users in a mixed Windows and Apple environments. The Analyst will also actively assist with major PC related projects (rollout of a new application, hardware/software upgrades, integrations, etc.) This candidate will be a member of a support team that provides high quality PC and Audio-Visual Support to clients.
- Provide second-level IT technical support remotely by resolving moderately complex to highly complex technical issues.
- Demonstrate an expert level ability to inspire trust with end users by performing expert technical support with highly professional written and oral communication skills.
- Support mobile devices on iOS and Android operating systems through MDM.
- Demonstrate an expert ability to manage the needs of multiple requests in order to create an effective schedule and then successfully adapt to changing that schedule on short notice as situations change.
- Track, record and respond to requests for IT technical support. Technical support will include workstation hardware, application and collaboration software, Audio Visual Equipment and mobile devices utilizing Windows and Apple operating systems.
- Deploy PC software fixes, patches, updates for Windows and Apple devices.
- Correctly manage assets in the Asset Management System with accurate and detailed computer hardware information.
- Support IT special projects, including but not limited to: office moves, data recovery, hardware and software testing, integrations, etc.
- Diagnose and resolve support incidents via phone, remote control or desk-side visits.
- Assists Level 1 and Level 2 IT Analysts with issue troubleshooting.
- Collaborates with 3rd level support to troubleshoot highly complex issues.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ hands-on experience installing, troubleshooting and supporting laptops, PCs, Audio Visual, peripherals and business critical applications for Executives in large, multi-location, corporate environments via phone, remote control and desk side visits.
- Must have experience in corporate environment supporting Windows 10
- Experience demonstrating OS, MS Outlook/Exchange,Office 365, Microsoft Teams, and Microsoft One Drive for Business
- Experience demonstrating proficiency using Enterprise remote-control software, software distribution tools and device management software.
- Experience demonstrating proficiency supporting Security softwares.
- Experience demonstrating proficiency supporting end user collaboration tools, such as Microsoft SharePoint, Teams.
- Experience demonstrating proficiency upgrading PC memory, hard drive swap, data transfer, etc.
- Experience demonstrating proficiency creating knowledgebase articles from ticket data and end user support interactions.
- Experience demonstrating proficiency maintaining and update user’s PC asset information through the implementation of critical device management policies.
- Experience demonstrating proficiency supporting mobile devices utilizing iOS and Android operating systems.
- Experience demonstrating proficiency working independently, with minimal guidance.
- Ability to identify and resolve key issues using partial or conflicting data and pattern recognition.
- Ability to take a broad perspective to problems to identify and document new, less obvious solutions.
- On-call technical support as needed during non-business hours.
Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA): Windows 10
Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE): Desktop Infrastructure
Experience using team knowledge Wikis utilizing Microsoft SharePoint.
Experience creating and editing Knowledgebase articles.