- Operational responsibility for fiber/copper management and logical and physical design of the campus network including routers, switches, firewalls, VLANs, IP space, Internet connectivity, and wireless networks.
- Review and analyze networking and physical operations, including capacity planning, fault tolerance, performance, new and advanced technology, monitoring, environmental controls, and service levels; develop recommendations to improve performance, capacity, and security.
- Develop and implement policies, procedures, documentation, technical KPIs, and SLAs for network and telecommunications services portfolio.
- Develop a budget for lifecycle management and continuous network and infrastructure upgrades.
- Ensure the provision of comprehensive, integrated, reliable, high-quality services for GGC in areas such as backbone and local area networking, network facilities and infrastructure, Internet access, high-performance networking, network security, remote access to campus IT services, and telecommunications.
- Ensure compliance with USG IT handbook and other compliance standards that are in scope for this position.
- Provide effective project leadership and ensure that team is providing responsive service and meeting established service level agreements for service incidents.
- Ensure preparation for business continuity and disaster recovery with respect to campus network and telecommunications and establish on-call rotation schedule to provide 24/7 support for networks and telecommunications.
- Manage relationships with vendors for quotes, maintenance renewals, etc.
- Bachelors degree in a related field
- Required Work Experience
- 3 years experience in leadership and management roles including experience with supervision and performance management.
- Demonstrated experience serving as a technical project leader.
- Demonstrated progressively responsible experience in networking and telecommunications.
- Masters degree in a related field and 7 years of experience in leadership and management roles
- Relevant certifications
- Experience working in public higher education or the public sector
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to translate technical terminology to clients.
- Strong leadership skills with a high commitment to customer service. Must have a cooperative approach to leadership and management.
- Ability to forge effective collaborations with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to facilitate productive meetings and work successfully in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong managerial, organizational, analytic, and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of network and telecommunication resources, services, and applications appropriate for a campus environment.
- Ability to envision and implement exemplary applications of information technology to support network and telecommunication operations.
- Knowledge of the acquisition, installation, maintenance, and management of networking, telecommunications, and computing equipment.
- Outstanding reporting capabilities to enable powerful communication of complex network status and projects.
- Ability to foster a work environment based on trust, respect, and competence.
- Demonstrated commitment to use office standards for project management and service deliver.
Experience required: 5-8 Years