[email protected] 201 489 3500 Ext 303
• Over 18 years of professional experience across complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
• As a Project Manager handled complicated Infrastructure standup and deployment of hardware and applications in a complex engineer ecosystem.
• Managed multiple sites simultaneously both in EMEA and NA-SA. Ensure that the global standards and processes are adhered to when delivering the solution at different site locations.
• Directly worked with the team members in a matrixed organization to set up the plans and frequently provided updates to the Senior Management teams and stakeholders.
• Migrated the Infrastructure and application workloads from legacy Infrastructure to newly stood up environments.
• Worked as Business System analyst (Infrastructure and Application)
• Well versed developmental phases like Requirements, Analysis/Design, Development and Testing. Managed and coordinated requirements for multiple projects simultaneously.
• Industry experience in Finance, Insurance, Pharmaceutical and Healthcare.
• Expertise in requirements gathering & management methodology, business process re-engineering, requirement specification documentation, and conducting UAT.
• Skill-sets include: OOAD, UML, RUP, Waterfall, Stage-Gate, Agile and SCRUM methodologies.
• Knowledgeable in several enterprise management scenarios such as Use Case modeling using UML, Business Process Modeling, Data Modeling, Change Control, Defect Tracking, Quality Assurance, Scheduling and System Integration.
• Well versed in organizational implementation and deployment of the VMware/Amazon Web Server (AWS) hosted infrastructure for the web and internal applications.
• Certified Scrum master and Agile coach.
PM Skills: Project Plan, Senior Management Communication, Budgeting, Status Reporting with leadership team, Stakeholder meetings, Vendor Management, Business Process Management, Operations management, Change Management.
BA Skills: BRD, Use Case Document, Functional & Integration Test Cases, UML diagrams – Context, Use Case, Sequence, and Activity diagrams
Platforms: UNIX, LINUX, Microsoft – Windows XP/Server 2003, HP DL 360/380, Mac OSX, VM Ware, AIX, Dell VX Rails.
Databases: Oracle 8i/9i & 10g, IBM DB2, MS SQL Server
Tools: Enterprise Architect, Rational Tools Suite (Rose, Requisite Pro, ClearQuest), MS Suite (Office, Project, Visio & Quality Center), CVS, JIRA, Rally, Quest – SQL Navigator & Toad, Aqua Data 4.7, IBM Lotus Notes 8.0.2, Service Now, Service First. Microsoft Teams
DevOps skill sets: Worked closely with the Infra Engineering team to establish processes and documentation for: Applications deployments using chef recipes and pipelines.
CI/CD, Data migration, Configuration management, Middleware/S(RHEL/AIX),Virtualization(VMwarev and VMware 2.0), Servers (Unix/Linux/AIX/Windows),Storage, Networks, F5 load balancer.
Product Owner Backlog refinement & prioritization, JIRA, Confluence, Agile, Analytical skills, Data Analysis.
Client: Fannie Mae
Location: Reston, VA
Rold Technical Project Manager / Product Owner Jan 2021 – Present
• Worked as a Product Owner in prioritizing the backlog for all the applications migrating to cloud.
• Skilled in establishing and maintaining consistency of a Product performance, functional and physical attributes with its requirements, design, and operational information.
• Experience in Product Management including managing demand, release, and backlog.
• Worked as the primary point of contact for all the AWS cloud migrations in the ETDO (UCD) team. Helped in building the pipelines for the different products created by the CCOE team.
• Worked closely with all the application teams to understand the scope of work and prioritize it according to various sprints.
• Attended the S2 meetings and actively managed the backlog of all the products and services that was prioritized in the PI planning meetings.
• Created a roadmap for migration of services in cloud leveraging UCD CI/CD pipelines.
• Worked actively in the successful roll-out of the various products and services that would be consumed by the different application teams within Fannie Mae.
• Prioritized the Tech Capability (TC) body of work. Closely worked with the Cloud Journey Management team to ensure the services are configured, tested, and validated within the UCD pipelines.
• Was the single point of contact for all the Scrum Masters and Product Owners to ensure that the application teams are successfully able to meet their production timelines.
• Enable pipelines as a code for various components and services migrating to the cloud.
• Automating the pipeline process. This enabled the deployment of the services and code in cloud with a single click functionality.
• Validating all the requirements for different applications moving to the cloud are adhered to.
• Manage the project timelines with a roadmap and deliverables for the leadership team.
• Creating a roadmap of different micro services moving in the cloud. Also, ensure enough testing and checks are in place across the entire project management lifecycle from Lower Environments to Production.
• Creating various cloud formation templates for the application teams to be leveraged across different applications/platforms
• Ensure the pipelines have guardrails and checks in place to ensure the privacy of data and customers is secured as per Fannie Mae standards.
• Ensure working closely with the Governance and IT Security team to make sure all the encryptions and checks are in place for various usage of services and components.
• Experience with and ability to use a variety of Product/ Project Management planning, collaboration, execution, metrics, storytelling, and reporting tools.
• Also, worked on the out-reach to different application owners to offboard from the legacy asset off-boarding (ICART/ClearCase/Rapid Deploy and SVN).
• Actively maintained the tracker of the legacy asset off-boarding working with the various application portfolio leads.
• Provided the weekly status in the ADS (Asset Delivery Status) tool for all ETDO assets migration to the cloud.
Environment: JIRA, Confluence, Agile, Data Analysis, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Teams, Visio, SharePoint, Bitbucket, Jenkins, GitLab, Service Now, AWS.
Client: Merck KGaA Darmstadt Germany
Location: Rockville Maryland
Role: Infrastructure Project Manager March 2020 – December 2020
• Worked actively with all the business and technology stakeholders to create the site assessment roadmap to migrate all the applications from legacy to DPT (Digital Plant Transformation) under ISA 99 Cyber security standards.
• Goal of the work was to create segregated networks and migrate the applications from to a secured layered network that is separate from the office network and thus providing a more robust/secure and classified network zone.
• Worked closely with the IT-I (Infrastructure) and IT-A(Application) teams to create a project plan for setup and install of the infrastructure.
• Actively engaged with the various vendors for the procurement of the hardware. Ensure all the invoices are charged to the correct subsidiary code and accrued in FY20.
• Ensure that the new environments are GXP qualified and ensure all the HLRA (High Level Risk Assessment) validation and qualification documents are completed and attested to all the change tickets.
• Worked closely with the Integration Engineer in evaluating the data flow diagrams for each application and created a migration plan to migrate the application to DPT or Office network.
• Ensure that the teams are actively using IAAC (Infrastructure as a code) and incorporating build pipelines for Infrastructure deployment and qualifications.
• Ensure all the validations are stored appropriately for compliance and audit purposes.
• Managed multiple sites simultaneously both in EMEA and NA-SA.
• Co-ordinated the team level engagements in Matrixed organization to ensure all the work is planned appropriately
• Provided weekly status reports to the Senior Level Management.
• Captured all the project details, milestone dates and maintained RAIDS log to ensure there is right visibility to the management and the team.
Environment: Microsoft Project, Microsoft Teams, Visio, SharePoint, JIRA, HP Service Manager (HPSM), SQL Server.
Client: Barclays US, Wilmington, DE July 2012 – December 2019
Role: Infrastructure Project manager /AWS Cloud/Devops/ Business Systems Analyst
• Worked as a liaison among project stakeholders to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for new functionality being created by Solutions Delivery and changes to business processes involving Solutions Delivery.
• Own the creation of requirement documents that are clear and straightforward using diagrams, tables and pictures as much as possible.
• Create the project feature list. Decompose and refine requirements to produce detailed feature requirements.
• Be the SME for business and functional domain knowledge within the Solutions Delivery vertical.
• Communicate appropriately – work with developers, testers and the Business to make sure requirements and functionality decisions are distributed appropriately across the team.
• Own the communication of ongoing changes to requirements and functionality appropriately across the team.
• Adhere to the standards, policies and governance practices.
• Adhere to SDLC and Agile methodology to ensure Project Requirements documentation has the necessary approvals to comply with SDLC and meet audit standards.
• Adhere to project deliverables within SLAs.
• Data Center Migration – Worked as a Project Manager in the migration of Core Applications (SAS/DataStage/Telephony/Warehouse) as part of Data Center Relocation project.
• Worked with the DC-Ops and Network and Unix team to establish the new IBM P9 hardware module in two different co-locations.
• Worked closely in successfully delivery and migration of applications from Legacy to new IBM P9 hardware in all the environments.
• Worked closely with the Infrastructure teams like Network, Storage, Unix, database, LAM, Windows team, VMWare, QA, Config Management, Telephony, Desktop Support, Backup, DR, Security Ops, Security Solutions, Data Center Ops, Partners, 3rd party team to deliver the complicated Infrastructure projects.
• Global Technology services were heavily involved in the delivery of the different Infrastructure projects.
• Coordinated with the business teams to level set the expectations and work during the off hours to have minimal business downtime and deliver the high-quality product.
• Manage relationships with related technology vendors in the assessment, negotiation, and procurement of related hardware and software globally.
• Worked in managing the vendor relationships on the engagement of professional services for the newly purchased IBM P9 hardware.
• Continuous delivery cloud deployment in support of Barclays most critical RESCAT-1 applications.
• ESX hardware, network infrastructure setup/maintenance and upgrades. Migration of firewalls from Checkpoint to Fortinet.
• Championed and lead multi-year projects using Agile and Kanban methodologies.
• Managed in-house (on-campus) and (off-campus) Amazon Web Server (AWS) setup and deployments. Worked closely with the stakeholders and the security solution teams to appropriate setup of cloud infrastructure.
• Managed various application and OS upgrades (Oracle/Windows/ESX/DataStage ETL upgrades).
• Worked closely with the CI/CD deployment teams to ensure the pipelines are build and adhering to bank policies and standards. Ensure GoCD and Jenkins were used in conjunction to setup the automated build and deployment process.
• Co-ordinated the Release Management process across different Agile/Scrum teams to ensure code is successfully deployed.
Environment: Rational Tools Suite (Rose, Requisite Pro, ClearQuest, Clear Case), SAP Hana Cloud platform, IBM- BPM solution stack, RUP, MS Project, Microsoft Office (Word, Access, Excel, Outlook), Windows 10, Oracle, DataStage, IBM P9, VMWare, ESX, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Service Now/ Service First, Chef, Jenkins.
Client: JP Morgan & Chase, Wilmington Delaware June 2011 – June 2012
Position: Sr. Business Systems Analyst
MKT – IS (Marketing Information Systems) the core of all the IT related initiatives for the Chase Card Services. Chase has all the promotions going on round the year for different Clientele and segments of population where each and every spending is rewarded adequately and savings are inherent part of the spending with regular features such as Cash backs on mostly commonly used places or stores.
• Worked closely with business and partners throughout the business to drive performance and achieve productivity, quality and cost objectives.
• Collaborated with business owners, project managers, business lead, developers and subject matter experts to establish strategic vision for performance improvements.
• Actively participated in solution impact assessment discussions within the group and with external vendors as needed.
• Conducted A&D sessions with SMEs and user group and got feedback for resulting documentation. Artifacts – Screen Mock-ups and Data Models.
• Liaised with client-side business managers, stakeholders and functional subject matter experts (SMEs).
• Created High Level Design document, scope of the project and schedule timelines for the successful deliverables and BSA delivery plans.
• Worked on understanding the legacy system and documenting the same. Artifacts – System Understanding Document, Use Cases, Business Process Maps and Trace Matrix.
• Assisting the project manager in day-to-day management, resource allocation, and progress tracking through PETRA.
• Extensive testing is required to make sure end to end life cycle of a promotion is met as per the requirements based on the card type.
• Analyzed requirements using MS Office Suite and Text Pad.
• Coordinated and assisted QA team in conducting testing, test plan walkthrough and analyzing various defects in Quality Center.
• Conducted manual testing of various scenarios by writing SQL and verify data against the UI
• Proactively approached developers to solve technical problems and created relationship with the functional testing team members.
• Used SQL developer to verify data models and under lying tables.
Environment: JIRA, SharePoint, Power Point, MS Visio, Java, Oracle, Toad, Web logic, SOAP, PL/SQL, C/C++, VB.Net, Quality Center.
Client: DTCC, New York NY Jan 2011 – May 2011
Position: Senior Business Analyst
Security MasterFile Redesign
PTS based CICS (Customer Information & Control System) – DTC Masterfile is a legacy application that was developed decades ago and was used in some form by almost every division of DTCC for Corporate Security Reference Data access and manipulation. The project I worked on was aimed at a consolidation and redesign of this application; which meant migration of the MasterFile system to a web-based interface and developing additional features like an inbuilt-audit and approval process and automation of the business rule validation process.
• Used Stage-Gate Methodology and HP PPM to deliver artifacts and manage the project lifecycle (SILC) for the MasterFile application migration and upgrade.
• Analyzed the existing interfaces to PTS and gathered the inner working of various business functions and sub-functions of different business areas like OFAC (Office of Foreign Asset Control), ORC (Office of Regulatory Compliance), Inventory Management and other such divisions for their integration into the DTCC SMF framework and the SMF web-based UI.
• Developed a set of business rules in collaboration with stakeholders from different business areas and created the artifacts and requirements for the automated business rule validation engine.
• Collaborated and documented the systemic audit approval procedures for various divisions using PTS and consolidated the same into an in-built, two-step audit approval & commit process for the web interface.
• Analyzed the existing Customer Delivery services and developed a plan to migrate them into the new framework and integrate DTCC SMF data into the downstream flow. Initiated enhancement to Customer Delivery service, improving data quality, accuracy, timeliness and availability.
• Researched and documented methods to further enhance the Application User interface providing the consolidated DTCC Security Master data in a variety of delivery options including distributed data copy, master tables (database reads), messaging bus etc.
• Conducted UAT sessions for deliverables, tested the implemented features and analyzed data using SQL.
Environment: HP PPM, MS Visio, Stage-Gate Methodology, Java, Oracle, Toad, DB Artisan
Client: Citigroup, New York NY Jan 2009 – Dec 2010
Position: Senior Business Analyst
Citigroup Proprietary Trading Desk (PTD) is a market maker for ETF and CPS (Custom Portfolio Swaps) for various clients.
• Static Data Management is a core Proprietary Trading Desk application that serves static data to the desk’s front-end, client facing tools. Static data includes products, equities, futures, currencies and baskets. SDM performs the function of helping traders visualize the various aspects of the products, manage accounts and perform various other strategies on trading tools via a web interface.
• Basket Editor was an interactive tool that allowed traders to interface and customize the basket creation process. It gave them the capability to directly interact with market data as well as static data. It was a high-profile project that replaced a legacy Excel based application.
• Worked on understanding the legacy system and documenting the same. Artifacts – System Understanding Document, Use Cases and Business Process Maps.
• Conducted JAD sessions with SMEs and user groups and got feedback for resulting documentation. Artifacts – Screen Mock-ups and Data Models.
• Analyzed requirements with SQL queries using tools like Aqua Data, DBArtisan and TOAD.
• Created testing scripts and test cases for unit testing and integration testing.
• Liaised with client-side business unit managers, stakeholders and functional subject matter experts (SMEs). Created project charter, scope and schedule.
• Assisting the project manager in day-to-day management, resource allocation, and progress tracking.
• Analyzing requirements using DBArtisan, MS Excel, and Text Pad.
• Coordinated and assisted QA in conducting testing.
• Coordinated UAT and integration testing and gave demos to business users and SMEs. Got sign-off from all stakeholders.
• Proactively approached most developers to solve technical problems and created relationships with the functional testing team members.
• Involved in Data Mapping exercises to streamline the relational database.
• Coordinate all aspects of bug tracking, prioritization, re-testing, using multiple test tracking systems like JIRA
Environment: Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Rose, JIRA, RUP, UML, MS Project, Power Point, MS Visio, Java, Oracle, Toad, DB Artisan.
Client Name: RBS, Greenwich CT Jan 2008 – Dec 2008
Role: Business Analyst
The US Supra desk at RBS Securities created a counterparty On-Boarding team to shorten time to on-board customers. This team works on creating functionality to reduce the time lapse between sign-up and go-live for on-boarding a customer. My role for this project was ensuring a smooth and seamless on-boarding process for clients across a complex internal infrastructure involving different groups, people, and applications. I worked on various aspects of the on-boarding process; including testing, system & database integration, production support, technical message reviews and deployment to third party systems.
• Served as the primary interface for clients, users and the various technology teams through all phases of the SDLC. Documented the Project Lifecycle; educated clients and stakeholders on the benefits and risks associated with projects.
• Assist the Project Manager, business partners and technology resources in interpreting and implementing Business Functional Requirements.
• Managed resource allocations, planning and status updates to ensure efficient and responsive operations. Facilitate weekly client and team meetings to discuss Project Status.
• Worked on automation of processes and reduction of processing time required to issue and administer policy for major insurance clients.
• Facilitated meetings, walk-throughs and reviews between various technology teams and business users during the Technical Design phase of the projects, including database designs, technical architectures, security, UI designs, and workflows.
• Modified screens, workflows and created targeted Questionnaires for SMEs to gather requirements Functional Specifications to document client business needs.
• Participated in JAD Sessions for the Requirement Definition process – the identification, understanding, and documentation of Business Requirements, including the applications capable of supporting those requirements.
• Designed the entire Logical and Physical Data Model, which was used for data mapping, conversion and persistence in the database. Extensively involved in Data Mapping exercises to streamline the relational database.
• Execute all aspects of system QA testing, including component/module, SIT, UAT/usability, regression, as well as user training and client train-the-trainer.
• Coordinate all aspects of bug tracking, prioritization, re-testing, using multiple test tracking systems
Environment: Rational Tools Suite (Rose, Requisite Pro, ClearQuest, Clear Case), IBM-BPM solution stack, RUP, MS Project, Microsoft Office (Word, Access, Excel, Outlook), Windows XP, Oracle.
TSI Displays, New Delhi Jan 2004 – Jan 2007
Role: Programmer Analyst
Client: Prudential Finance and Insurance
Fixed Income Wirehouse: This project involved receiving application data from a web portal called
Annuity Net that is used by Prudential’s individual customers to manage their portfolios. The Fixed
Income Wirehouse engine absorbs the incoming application data, performs ACORD data-mapping and
then transmits the same to DTCC, using UBS as the Broker-Dealer channel.
• Utilized Rational Unified Process (RUP) to configure and develop process, standards and procedures. Developed and implemented processes and tools for requirements gathering, analysis, planning, tracking and delivery using Rational’s suite of tools like Rational Rose and Requisite Pro.
• Performed GAP analysis to compare the existing system with the proposed system and documented new requirements and features.
• Conducted JAD sessions for communicating with project directors and stakeholders and created Process Workflows, Functional Specifications and Project Initiation artifacts.
• Developed Business Design Documents (BDD) and got signoff from business for the same. Converted business requirements into Functional and Non-Functional Requirements.
• Played an active role in initiating Requirement Gathering sessions and documenting the same into business artifacts such as the Project Scope & Objective Document, Functional Design Documents, Use Cases, and Requirements Traceability Matrix.
• Identified Use Cases from the requirements and used them to create Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams/State Chart Diagrams, and Sequence Diagrams, based on UML Methodology using Microsoft Visio.
• Developed Business Requirement Document, Functional Requirement Document and Use Case Specification/Document for various Use Cases.
• Monitor version control and defect tracking activities using Rational ClearCase and Rational ClearQuest.
• Assisted quality assurance team in testing different releases and in designing Test Plans and Test Cases. Performed User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
Environment: Oracle Developer Suite – Oracle 9i, Forms v6/6i and Oracle Report Builder on HP – UX 11i v3. Rational Analytical Suite (Requisite Pro, Rational Rose), Microsoft Office (Word, Access, Excel, Outlook, Visio) on Windows XP and Windows 95
Kuzins Overseas, New Delhi May’ 2002 – Dec’ 2003
Role: Programmer Analyst
• Physical decommission of SAN arrays and SAN switches
• Ensure installed and decommissioned equipment is added and removed from all management tools and inventory respectively
• Planning for data migration from legacy arrays to new arrays. Preparing runbooks, scripts for implementing the data migration task.
• Own change management for all installations/decommission activities you are working on
• Setup/remove Fabric replication links
• Migrate users between Arrays or Fabrics for Tech Refresh purposes
Environment: Oracle 8i using TOAD 5.3, ERWIN, SQL, PL/SQL on LINUX and WINDOWS 2000 and RMM using RUP, Rational Tools Suite (Rose, Requisite Pro, ClearQuest) and Microsoft Office with MS Visio
MS (Computer Science)
University of Northern Virginia April 2010 – Dec 2011
MBA (Management Information Systems)
Fairleigh Dickinson University, New Jersey (USA) Jan 2007 — Dec 2008
M.A. (English), Punjab University, Chandigarh (India) July 2000 –April 2002
B.A. (Communications) SCD Government College, Ludhiana (India) April 1997–April 2000